Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A simple and delicious meal.
Make and share this Chicken and Herbs in a White Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 whole broiler-fryer chickens, cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- to taste garlic powder
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb diced onion
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and brown on both sides. Place chicken on paper towels.
- Spoon off fat and return pan to stove. Stir in mushrooms and onions; cook, stirring occasionally until onions are soft. Put in medium mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme. Season with garlic salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Add in wine and broth and stir until well mixed. Add to the onion and mushrooms.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan. Pour rest of ingredients over chicken. Cover with aluminum foil and cook until meat begins to fall off the bone, about 90 minutes.
No body was home and I wanted an easy but great meal for myself. This was perfect! Because it was so hot out side I chose to make this recipe on the stove top and I also chose to use boneless chicken. I chose to make Cilantro Rice to go with this dish. Will be making this dish for my family the next time. By accident I ended up putting cilantro in mine also. Still came out good.
Made for wonderfully flavourful chicken. Always looking for new recipes to add variety to our meals and this one came together to make for a lovely meal. Made as posted and it was just right for our tastes.The spices blended well with the ingredients. One of those recipes that looked and tasted like you spent all day in the kitchen. Thank you Scarlette.