Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a simple and healthy main course. You could adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- 4 chicken breast halves, bone-in
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, coursely ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- parsley, minced
- Place chicken in an 11x7x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick spray.
- Whisk oil, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, rosemary, pepper, sage, marjoram and pepper sauce. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered at 425 degrees, basting occasionally, 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Meat thermometer should read 170 degrees.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Drizzle with juices to serve.
Lovely chicken recipe! I used onion powder instead of grated onions, and boneless skinless chicken breasts. The chicken was very moist and flavorful. I wasn't sure about the hot sauce but it was a great addition. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is a nice herb mix for chicken. I used 3 boneless chicken breasts, and, next time, will pound thin so it can cook in the time recommended, without drying out. Another idea for next time would be to bake the chicken for 20 minutes first with all of the spices, and then add the minced garlic. I made the recipe as is, and the garlic burned on the chicken. Thanks for posting.
Another happy customer. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and they came out beautifully -- meat wasn't too dry. The flavor was wonderful, and it couldn't be easier to prepare. I used dried minced onions instead of grated onions because I was in a rush; I don't think it adversely affected the outcome. (Of course I used fresh garlic!) This is a keeper; it's nice to find an oven-baked recipe that doesn't involve any kind of cheese. Thanks for posting this!