Recipe by weekend cooker
quick making pizza full of chicken, cheese, and spices.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Great pizza. I used one crust left over from thin pizza crust and a partial roasted chicken breast. I baked the crust for eight min., then put on toppings for another 10 min. DH ate alll but the one slice I had. Very good with the garlic and parmesan flavors in the sauce. The directions said to preheat to 350 but then cook at 450 so I used 450 throughout, preheated my pizza stone and baking.
- 1 lb refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh pecorino romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups shreddedrotisserie chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray, let dough stand , covered for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add flour and pepper, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Cook 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Remove from heat adding cheese until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal, roll dough into a 12 inch circle on a prepared baking sheet.
- Spread white sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Top with chicken, and onion.
- Bake at 450 degrees on bottom oven rack for 17 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Sprinkle with herbs.