Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fine tea sandwiches containing a tasty mixture of chicken and herbs.
- 1 whole cooked chicken, store bought is ideal
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 1 loaf white bread, sliced
- 1 whole wheat sandwich loaf, sliced
- 3 ounces butter, softened
- 3 ounces arugula, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mixed herbs, leaves finely chopped (such as dill, parsley, basil and mint)
- Remove chicken flesh from bones. Discard skin and bones. Finely chop chicken. Place into a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, lime rind, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Line a tray with plastic wrap. Place 4 slices of white bread onto a chopping board. Spread 2 heaped tablespoonfuls of chicken mixture over each slice. Top each with a wholemeal slice of bread.
- Spread lightly with butter. Sprinkle with arugula and mixed herbs. Top with another slice of buttered white bread.
- Trim crusts.
- Cut each sandwich into 3 fingers. Place onto prepared tray.
- Cover with a clean damp tea towel. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until required.