1/2 Photos of Chicken and Heirloom Pumpkin With Thyme Butter Sauce
Any type of heirloom pumpkin or squash can be used for this recipe. The thyme butter sauce is a flavorful accompaniment to the sweet pumpkin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 0 small fresh pumpkin, seeds removed
- 1.23 ml dried sage
- 1.23 ml dried coriander
- 473.18 ml fresh spinach or 473.18 ml wild greens
- 0 lemon, juice of
- olive oil
Thyme Butter Sauce
- 1Cut the pumpkin into 1/4-inch thick slices. Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Season pumpkin with salt and cook pumpkin until nicely browned on each side over medium heat. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2Season chicken with salt, pepper, sage and dried coriander. Add a bit more olive oil to the pan and cook chicken until nicely browned on both sides - about 6 minutes.
- 3Remove the chicken from the pan (set aside with the pumpkin).
- 4Add butter to the pan and whisk in 2 teaspoons of flour. Whisk for about a minute, then add the chicken stock.
- 5Add a dash of cream to the sauce, season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- 6Toss the spinach with lemon juice, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 7Arrange a small pile of spinach on the plate, top with 2 pieces of pumpkin and 2 pieces of chicken. Drizzle thyme sauce over the top and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Heirloom Pumpkin With Thyme Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.6
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 177.7 mg
- Sodium 334.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 50.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: