Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Any type of heirloom pumpkin or squash can be used for this recipe. The thyme butter sauce is a flavorful accompaniment to the sweet pumpkin.
- 453.59 g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 0 small fresh pumpkin, seeds removed
- 1.23 ml dried sage
- 1.23 ml dried coriander
- 473.18 ml fresh spinach or 473.18 ml wild greens
- 0 lemon, juice of
- olive oil
Thyme Butter Sauce
- 4-5 sprig fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 9.85 ml flour
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 0.25 ml heavy cream
- Cut the pumpkin into 1/4-inch thick slices. Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Season pumpkin with salt and cook pumpkin until nicely browned on each side over medium heat. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, sage and dried coriander. Add a bit more olive oil to the pan and cook chicken until nicely browned on both sides - about 6 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan (set aside with the pumpkin).
- Add butter to the pan and whisk in 2 teaspoons of flour. Whisk for about a minute, then add the chicken stock.
- Add a dash of cream to the sauce, season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Toss the spinach with lemon juice, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Arrange a small pile of spinach on the plate, top with 2 pieces of pumpkin and 2 pieces of chicken. Drizzle thyme sauce over the top and enjoy.