Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy and yummy.
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Thaw hash browns overnight in refrigerator.
- Layer in an ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken and mushrooms over hash browns.
- Stir together sour cream, broth, soup, bouillon, onion, and garlic; pour over chicken and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until heated through.
This was so easy and my family went bonkers over this. Love it when that happens. Very creamy, nicely seasoned sauce that went very well with the chicken and hash browns. Made preparing dinner a snap. Thanks Nurse Di.
Pretty good, except that it is a little bland and colorless - could probably use some red or green pepper to give it some color and also, it seemed as tho the 2 c of chicken broth made it a little runny. However, it was good and easy to make.
Delicious! Easy to prepare & serve. I would like a little crunch, though & next time might add celery.