Recipe by SReiff
This wonderful comfort food makes a nice meal when served with green beans or a salad. Enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1 lb chipped ham or 1 lb turkey ham
- 2 -3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 cups white bread cubes
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and add onion and celery, cook until tender; approximately 10 minutes.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top butter with diced chicken and ham.
- Distribute the cheese evenly over meats.
- Mix bread cubes, parsley, eggs and 2 cups of milk together well and pour over meats and cheese.
- Mix 1/2 cup milk and cream of chicken soup and add as last layer of casserole.
- Place uncovered into 350F degree oven for one hour.