Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick alternative to a tuna casserole. Great tasting comfort food that makes everyone think you worked really hard. A great way to use up leftovers! I serve this with a crusty bread and green beans! Hope you enjoy it too.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms or 1 (4 ounce) can fresh mushrooms (saute with onion) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (optional)
- Melt butter, add olive oil.
- Saute onion and garlic- and mushrooms.
- Add the cooked chicken and ham cubes.
- Add the soup and milk- mixing well.
- Add the salt, pepper, dijon mustard and peas.
- Mix well and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced swiss and melt.
- Once the cheese is melted, add noodles and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy.
Very tasty! I decided on 5 stars because of its ease and versatility. 8oz pasta was 3 cups uncooked penne for us. I used 1 c. cooked chicken-could have used a bit more. And I didn't have swiss-used 6 oz. shredded Italian mix cheese. Yummy and easy clean up! thanks for sharing this one!
It seemd like too much meat, between the chicken and ham..just to much, nice flavor, but it needed something else, or just chicken.
Fantastic 'random' supper search! Indeed comfort food. The changes I made was omitting the optional peas and mushrooms. Instead of cream of celery I used cream of broccoli and added frozen broccoli flowerets. Mmmmm..... Thanks Liisa N.!