Recipe by LiisaN
Quick alternative to a tuna casserole. Great tasting comfort food that makes everyone think you worked really hard. A great way to use up leftovers! I serve this with a crusty bread and green beans! Hope you enjoy it too.
Top Review by deb12
Very tasty! I decided on 5 stars because of its ease and versatility. 8oz pasta was 3 cups uncooked penne for us. I used 1 c. cooked chicken-could have used a bit more. And I didn't have swiss-used 6 oz. shredded Italian mix cheese. Yummy and easy clean up! thanks for sharing this one!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms or 1 (4 ounce) can fresh mushrooms (saute with onion) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, add olive oil.
- Saute onion and garlic- and mushrooms.
- Add the cooked chicken and ham cubes.
- Add the soup and milk- mixing well.
- Add the salt, pepper, dijon mustard and peas.
- Mix well and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced swiss and melt.
- Once the cheese is melted, add noodles and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy.