Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a Taste of Home cookbook. I made it tonight for the first time and we enjoyed it very much. I didn't have left over ham, so at the supermarket, I asked for a 1/2 lb chunk of ham, instead of having them slice it. I also cut the recipe in half. Hope you enjoy it.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed & drained
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked & drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese (8 ounces)
- In lge skillet, saute mushrooms, onion& gr pepper in butter until tender Stir in flour until blended Gradually ad milk& broth-- bring to a boil, cook& stir for 2 minutes or until thickened Stir in broccoli, Parm, salt, pepper& nutmeg Spread 2 cups broccoli mixture in a greased 13x9x2 in baking dish Top with four noodles, overlapping if needed Layer with 2 cups broccoli mixture, 1 1/2 cups of ham, 2/3 cup swiss cheese, four noodles, 2 cups broccoli mixture, chicken, 2/3 cup swiss cheese, four noodles& remaining broccoli mixture, swiss cheese& ham Cover& bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
I found this on Taste of Home's website, and it's quite good. I love to try lasagna variations, and this is a good one. Pamela Grady of Inman, South Carolina said she substitutes zucchini and yellow squash instead. I did the same and really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting!