A different take on traditional lasagna. To shorten prep time, skin bone and shred the rotisserie chicken; add to sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces, divided
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- cooking spray
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles, divided
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, chopped and divided
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Place broth and 1/4 tspn pepper in a large skillet over medium high heat, and bring to boil. Add chicken, cover reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan with a slotted spoon, set aside. (Skip this step if using a rotisserie chicken).
- 3Combine milk, flour, and remaining 1/4 tspn pepper in a bowl. Stir well with a whisk until smooth. Add milk mixture to chicken broth in pan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook one minute, or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup cheese and parsley, stirring until cheese melts. (If using rotisserie chicken, add to sauce now).
- 4Spread 1 cup sauce over bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce. Spoon 3/4 cup sauce evenly over noodle tops. Top evenly with 1/3 ham and 1/3 chicken. Repeat layers twice, ending with noodles. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle evenly with with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 5Cover with foil very lightly coated with cooking spray, bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove and discard foil, bake 10 minutes or until the cheese lightly browns. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Ham Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.8
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.1 mg
- Sodium 734.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
no-boil lasagna noodles