Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very popular appetizer in a local Chinese restaurant back home. I adjust the ingredients alittle. It's great serve with sweet and sour sauce.
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices ham (about 1 ounce each)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 egg roll wraps or 4 egg roll wraps
- 3 cups vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Cut breasts in half.
- Pound breast till very thin using a mallet or rolling pin.
- Season with S&P, Italian spice mix and garlic powder the breasts on both side Tightly roll up each ham piece and place in the center of each chicken piece.
- Roll the chicken piece around the ham, tucking in the ends of the chicken about it.
- Combine egg and milk in a shallow dish.
- Coat each chicken piece lightly with flour then dip into the egg-milk mixture.
- Place each piece diagonally into a spring roll wrapper.
- Roll it up securely folding the ends.
- Brush the end corner with egg mixture and a pinch to seal.
- Heat oil in the wok, heat until 375c.
- Fry 3 to 4 rolls at a time in the hot oil until golden and the chicken is completely cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cool slightly.
- and cut into 1-inch slices serve on a bed of shredded lettuce or bock choy.