Recipe by AussieGal Tracey
I found this recipe in the nursing mothers association cookbook. I have been giving this to my family once a month and they look forward to it. While it might not be the most glamerous dish. Its really yummy and my kids love it
Top Review by daylite
This recipe has such simple ingredients, yet it was a hit with my man. He took the leftovers for lunch the next day and continued to sing its praises when he got home. It will be back on our dinner table. Thank you.
- 30 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, and chopped
- 125 g ham, chopped (or bacon)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, to top
- 1 cup cheese, grated to top
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and saute onions until soft. Sift flour and seasonings into the mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk and cream.
- Stir until the sauce thickens.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Fold chicken and ham (or bacon) and turn into a greased casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs and cheese.
- Bake at 190 degrees c until top is golden brown.
- When making this meal for my family, I usually double it.