Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
recipe request..from the Australian Womans Weekly Cookbook
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 lb estimated halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Place chicken breasts flat on counter and slice each once horizontally, to make thinner pieces.
- Lightly flour chicken and saute in butter over med-hi heat until brown and cooked (about 8 minutes).
- Keep warm in oven.
- Saute haloumi cheese in clarified butter.
- Set aside.
- Saute shallots in 2 T butter and lemon juice until cooked, but not brown.
- Add white wine and tarragon.
- Reduce to 2 T.
- Stir in stock and a little flour.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add haloumi and a dash of sugar.
- Adjust salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on a platter and pour the sauce over.
Being a Halloumi fan I had to make this. I was not disappointed. A light dish and I loved the tarragon in it. Thank you Poppy!