Recipe by Mooseybear
This is a refreshingly different salad with a nice homemade dressing. I used cook time as refrigeration time.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon marjoram, leaves fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 head red tip leaf lettuce, torn (7 cups)
- 1 cup torn radicchio
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed 1 inch cooked chicken
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the first 7 ingredients, shake well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except blue cheese.
- Shake dressing, pour over salad. Toss lightly to coat.
- Place on 4 salad plates, sprinkle with blue cheese.