Typical dish in Papua New Guinea. Submitted for ZWT7.
Make and share this Chicken and Greens in Coconut Milk recipe from Food.com.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and lightly brown in the oil with 1 clove of the garlic.
- Add 1/2 cup or so of the coconut milk, the ginger, and the remaining garlic. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Skin and cut the squash into cubes. Add to chicken. Simmer for about 15 more minutes.
- Add the greens and let simmer for about 5-10 more minutes, depending on which green you use.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve over rice.
I loved the subtle creaminess from the coconut milk (I may have used a little more than was called for). I used a combination of spinach and bok choy and frozen squash. Since the squash was frozen I cut down on the cooking time and the bok choy still had some bite to it which I enjoyed. I seasoned it with kosher salt and a little homemade cayenne pepper for a teensy bit of heat. Made for ZWT 7.