Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Can be made ahead then cooked the next day. Can also be done in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.
Make and share this Chicken and Green Peppers in Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- Preheat oven 325.
- Place chicken in a greased glass dish.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Saute peppers, onions, and celery in oil until slightly tender.
- In a small bowl combine ketchup, orange and lemon juices, sugar, and wine.
- Add to pepper mixture and bring to a boil.
- Pour mixture over chicken and bake covered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
What a tangy yummy dish! I used red peppers and substituted Splenda for the sugar. Cooked for 6 hours on low in the crokpot, and the chicken turned out tender and juicy, and the sauce smelled my house up all afternoon!
Good stuff, cooked in crock pot all afternoon...a little too sweet for my taste but wife and daughters think it is a winner. Cooked pre recipe but did not have any celery.