Recipe by georgi
Can be made ahead then cooked the next day. Can also be done in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.
Top Review by Carianne
What a tangy yummy dish! I used red peppers and substituted Splenda for the sugar. Cooked for 6 hours on low in the crokpot, and the chicken turned out tender and juicy, and the sauce smelled my house up all afternoon!
- 3 -4 lbs chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 325.
- Place chicken in a greased glass dish.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Saute peppers, onions, and celery in oil until slightly tender.
- In a small bowl combine ketchup, orange and lemon juices, sugar, and wine.
- Add to pepper mixture and bring to a boil.
- Pour mixture over chicken and bake covered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.