1/4 Photos of Chicken and Green Onion Dumplings W/ Balsamic Soy Dipping Sauce
I found a number of recipes from Hawthorne Lane restaurant in SF. These dumplings just make me want to cook them now! Would be a good recipe to freeze as well
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground chicken (dark meat is good)
- 10 large shiitake mushroom caps, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2/3 bunch scallion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 (340 g) package dumpling wrappers
- 4 savoyed cabbage leaves, blanched
- 1make the dipping sauce:.
- 2Combine all ingredients and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- 3make the dumplings:.
- 4Remove the stems from the mushrooms and dice the caps very small. Saute in a drop of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. After the mushrooms are cool, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix until the mixture becomes sticky.
- 5Lay the wrappers on a clean work surface and spoon one heaping teaspoon of the filling onto the center of the wrapper. Spread the filling out to the edges then pick the wrapper up and fold the edges in toward each other. Push the dumpling down onto the work surface to flatten the bottom. Repeat for all wrappers. (they have an open top).
- 6Place the dumplings into a steamer, the kind that goes over a wok works well, on a cabbage leaf to prevent them from sticking. and steam for six minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Serve on a platter with the dipping sauce in a small bowl.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Green Onion Dumplings W/ Balsamic Soy Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 210.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shiitake mushroom caps
mushroom soy sauce