Megan's Mommy's Note:
I got this recipe from a friend of mine who was born in Peru. It's a wonderful tomato based sauce with spices and green olives, with chunks of chicken served over white rice. The native recipe calls for potatoes in the sauce, but I leave them out. It also calls for chicken thighs, but I prefer boneless, skinless breasts. Please don't be tempted to leave out the white wine, the combination of the wine with the olive juice makes the sauce so amazing. I usually double the sauce so I have extra to eat over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the chicken pieces in the olive oil.
- 2If using thighs, leave whole, if using breasts, cut in half.
- 3Remove the chicken, and saute the onion and garlic until soft.
- 4In a stock pot, add the chicken, onions and garlic, tarragon, marjoram, tomato sauce, white wine and salt and pepper.
- 5Add the olives, and half the olive juice, discard the other half.
- 6Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- 7Serve over steamed white rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Green Olives
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.3
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 1556.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 18.7 g