1/1 Photo of Chicken and Green Beans in Red Curry
I really enjoy Thai food. This recipe is so easy and flavorful. In the Thai dishes I've eaten green beans are usually served very crisp. I generally don't leave mine crisp but in Thai cooking it just seems to work. I use this recipe to use up leftover vegetables too; steamed broccoli is a great addition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (veg. oil)
- 1 -2 tablespoon red curry paste (personal taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot chili sauce (Asian style)
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, mined
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk (or lite)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2-1 cup fresh basil leaf (loosley packed)
- 1Heat oil in large pan.
- 2Add curry paste and stir until bubbling.
- 3Add onions, garlic, and hot chili sauce. Saute 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add chicken slices, brown on one side. Flip chicken and add green beans on top cooking for 2-3 minutes. Optional: Cover to help cook green beans.
- 5Completely mix in green beans.
- 6Add coconut milk and fish sauce Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- 7Test green beans to your personal crunch preference.
- 8Mix in basil leaves right before serving.
- 9Serve over brown rice.
- 10Note: If I'm not serving this over rice I'll mix in cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Green Beans in Red Curry
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.1
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 542.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste