Recipe by jrusk
I really enjoy Thai food. This recipe is so easy and flavorful. In the Thai dishes I've eaten green beans are usually served very crisp. I generally don't leave mine crisp but in Thai cooking it just seems to work. I use this recipe to use up leftover vegetables too; steamed broccoli is a great addition.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (veg. oil)
- 1 -2 tablespoon red curry paste (personal taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot chili sauce (Asian style)
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, mined
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk (or lite)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2-1 cup fresh basil leaf (loosley packed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Add curry paste and stir until bubbling.
- Add onions, garlic, and hot chili sauce. Saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken slices, brown on one side. Flip chicken and add green beans on top cooking for 2-3 minutes. Optional: Cover to help cook green beans.
- Completely mix in green beans.
- Add coconut milk and fish sauce Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Test green beans to your personal crunch preference.
- Mix in basil leaves right before serving.
- Serve over brown rice.
- Note: If I'm not serving this over rice I'll mix in cornstarch to thicken the sauce.