Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a FAST and easy recipe I created when I was short on time and wanted something relatively healthy. (In some parts of the country, I believe you can buy Paula Deen's House Seasoning commercially - but not where I live.)
Paula Deen House Seasoning
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
Chicken and Green Beans
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon salted butter
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 24 ounces fresh green beans (supermarket brand in produce section)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 lemon
- To make Paula Deen's House Seasoning:.
- Mix all ingredients and store in a shaker.
- To make the chicken and green beans:.
- Melt the butter and olive oil together in large saute pan over med-high heat.
- Season the chicken strips with House Seasoning.
- Add the chicken strips, sliced onion, and more seasoning to the pan and sauté until chicken is just cooked through.
- In the meantime, per the package instructions, cook the green beans in the microwave until tender-crisp.
- Add the cooked green beans and almonds to the chicken mixture and toss until green beans are coated with juices and almonds are slightly toasted. Squeeze lemon over top.
- Season one last time, to taste.
- Serve immediately with salad, warm bread with goat cheese, and cold grapes.