Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found this recipe in a newspaper.It is quick and easy to make.
- 4 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 2 cans French style green beans (14.5oz.,drained)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (14.5oz., undrained)
- 2⁄3 cup onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to your tastes)
- pepper (to your tastes)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- In a large pot brown chicken,onions and garlic.
- When brown add both cans of green beans,chicken broth and stewed tomatoes and seasonings.
- Stir to mix and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer till chicken is cooked throughly (about 30 minutes).
- Serve with rice.
A very good dish. I found fresh green beans at our market and used them (1lb) in this. Added 2 more cloves garlic, and it was done in 20 minutes. Very flavorful. I really liked this, and will make it often. Especially when our garden has green beans ready to pick!
Had leftover chicken and fresh green beans to use. Was very easy to make but not worth 5 stars. Will not be making again.
Great dish! This was a quick meal to prepare and it was delicious too. I added 1 more clove of garlic and sprinkled Splenda, because I like my sauce to be a little sweet. Next time I will thicken with cornstarch because the sauce was a bit runny. This will be added to my recipe book.