Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
From Rachael Ray; her mother-in-law's recipe
Make and share this Chicken and Grapes With Creamy Mustard Sauce and Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup grainy stone ground mustard
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups couscous
- Add flour to a shallow bowl; place a large skillet over med-high heat; add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the butter to the skillet.
- Dredge chicken in flour; season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook 7-8 minutes or until browned.
- Add in wine; scrape up browned bits as wine comes to a bubble; cook the liquid down, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Combine the half-and-half and mustard; pour over the chicken.
- Add grapes to the skillet and shake or toss to coat the chicken and grapes in the sauce.
- Lower heat to low and simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the couscous—bring the chicken broth and a drizzle of olive oil to a boil; add in the couscous.
- Remove pan from heat and cover; let sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Serve mounds of couscous with chicken and grapes alongside or on top.