Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light. This is 4 servings if you are having rice and a vegetable, and are not very hungry, in my opinion. With no side dishes, a very hungry person could eat the whole thing!
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 skinless chicken breast half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 (8 inch) fat free tortillas
- 6 tablespoons crumbled soft fresh goat cheese (3oz)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 4 teaspoons fat free sour cream
- lime wedge (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Place chicken in zip-loc bag and add broth mixture.
- Seal and refrigerate for 2 hrs turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove chicken from bag, discard marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken and onion on grill rack coated with cooking spray.
- Grill onion 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Grill chicken 6 minutes per side or until done.
- Cool slightly and cut chicken in very thin slices.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place 1 tortilla on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of cheese,half of chicken, half of onion and 1 and a half tsp cilantro.
- Top with 1 tortilla.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, chicken, onion and cilantro.
- Top with last tortilla.
- Coat tortilla with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut into 4 wedges and top each with 1 tsp of sour cream.
- Serve with lime wedges if desired.
We enjoyed it. Different flavour with the goat cheese, which was nice for a change. I used the regular corn tortillas that's available here. The only extra ingredient I added in was one sliced and sauteed green pepper. Thank you for sharing your recipe.