1/2 Photos of Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
1 hr 30 mins
This is a copy of the soup Olive Garden Restaurant has on their menu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated very fine and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups fresh chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken (white meat works best)
- 3/4 cup fresh spinach, julienne cut
- 16 ounces gnocchi (potato dumpling)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan.
- 2Add onions, celery, carrots, garlic and sauté until soft.
- 3Add flour mixing well, cook for 3-4 minutes ,stirring frequently.
- 4Add heavy cream, milk and chicken broth mixing well.
- 5Cook and stir until mixture thicken and comes to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and stir in chicken, spinach, gnocchi and remaining seasonings.
- 7Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 8Cook over low heat 8-10 minutes until gnocchi become tender. (you could also place the ingredients in a Crock-Pot and cook on low for 1- 1 ½ hours , this really makes the flavors come together.).
- 9Serve with Hot garlic bread sticks and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.9
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 167.9 mg
- Sodium 1151.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: