- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated very fine and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups fresh chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken (white meat works best)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh spinach, julienne cut
- 16 ounces gnocchi (potato dumpling)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan.
- Add onions, celery, carrots, garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add flour mixing well, cook for 3-4 minutes ,stirring frequently.
- Add heavy cream, milk and chicken broth mixing well.
- Cook and stir until mixture thicken and comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in chicken, spinach, gnocchi and remaining seasonings.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Cook over low heat 8-10 minutes until gnocchi become tender. (you could also place the ingredients in a Crock-Pot and cook on low for 1- 1 ½ hours , this really makes the flavors come together.).
- Serve with Hot garlic bread sticks and enjoy.