Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like garlic the way I do, you'll love this. The chicken is falling off the bone and has a wonderful flavor.
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up,rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 heads garlic, separated into cloves,but not peeled
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup stock
- Place the chicken, olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper, cinnamon or allspice in the bottom of large pan or dutch oven.
- Pour the liquid over all and mix together.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly and reduce heat to low.
- Cook undisturbed for about an hour, until the chicken and garlic are very tender.
- Transfer to a deep platter, garnish with parsley and serve, spreading the softened garlic cloves onto good crusty bread.