Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is one of my personal favorites. It could easily be a one-dish meal, but I usually like to serve it with buttered noodles or rice pilaf. Healthy, easy, and sooo flavorful. I usually alter the veggies depending on what I have on hand...sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, celery...be adventurous!!!! Had to post this one for my fellow garlic-lovers!!
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 1 large onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves (4 lb.)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head garlic
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- dried parsley, for garnish
- Place potatoes, carrots, onion, and zucchini in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray; place chicken on top.
- Combine tarragon, sage, salt, and pepper and sprinkle over chicken.
- Cut the top off of garlic bulb so that each clove is exposed.
- Place cut side up in baking dish.
- Drizzle oil over garlic and chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and garlic is soft.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter and keep warm.
- Cool garlic 5 minutes; gently squeeze garlic into small bowl and lightly mash with fork.
- Toss garlic with potatoes, carrots, onion, and zucchini; arrange around chicken.
- Sprinkle with dried parsley.
This is a fantastic one-dish meal! I substituted yellow squash for the zucchini (our preference). And to make it even easier, I added the oil and spices together in a small jar, shook till combined, then drizzled over the chicken and veggies. For those who like less garlic, you could use garlic powder instead of the fresh garlic or just a few cloves. BUT, if you love garlic flavor, go with the recipe and use that whole head of garlic. It is great!! Thanks Manda, from one garlic lover to another!! This one is officially one of my regular's now!