Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This delicious-looking barbecue recipe comes from the people at The Reynolds Kitchens. I'm submitting it in response to a request. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to as soon as the weather warms up. I bet it would also be fabulous drizzled with a little Italian dressing!
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 to 2 lb.)
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese or 1⁄3 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high or oven to 450 F.
- Place bag in a 1-inch deep pan.
- Combine flour and water; pour into bag.
- Combine basil, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Arrange chicken in bag in an even layer; sprinkle half of seasonings over chicken.
- Place vegetables over chicken; sprinkle with remaining seasonings.
- Double fold open end of bag to seal.
- To cook, slide bag onto grill or leave in pan and place in oven.
- Grill 20 to 25 minutes in covered grill or bake 40 to 45 minutes in oven.
- Using oven mitts, cut bag open with a sharp knife.
- Carefully fold back top for steam to escape.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
I really liked the cooking method. Put it on the grill and relaxed while it cooked. I did have to cook it an additional 10 minutes and next go around I will probably add onion and garlic as well as increasing the basil. It was a little bland for our taste. Thanks for the recipe.