Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely chicken salad from the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Turkey would be an easy substitution for the chicken.
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 15 seedless grapes
- 15 almonds
- 1 banana
- 1 apple, diced
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise (use a good quality, such as Hellman's)
- Remove seeds and membrane from orange sections and cut in half.
- Cut grapes in half and split almonds.
- Peel and slice banana.
- Mix all ingredients together lightly but thoroughly.
- Serve chilled on a bed of lettuce or mesclun.