Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great salad for the hot days of summer. Any leftover dressing can be refrigerated for at least one week. You may substitute 8 ounces cooked mini penne pasta for jicama. From Southern Living.
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 small jicama, cut into thin strips (optional)
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) container fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint
- iceberg lettuce
ORANGE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, and toss chicken mixture gently with 1 cup Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Serve over iceberg lettuce leaves with remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- To prepare Vinaigrette: Process orange juice and remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth.