Recipe by Sueie
Tasty chicken casserole that is always well received, serve with rice or pasta.
Top Review by Virgo160
This is a really good tasting recipe. I tweeked it a little and used chicken broth instead of water and added a handful of frozen potato gnocchi to the bottom of the casserole dish. Excellent results. The starch from the potato resulted in a creamy gravy. Thanks for posting.This is a definate keeper.
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 packet French onion soup mix
- 30 g butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken pieces with flour and dry soup mix in plastic bag, toss to coat chicken.
- (Reserve excess flour mixture).
- Heat butter and oil in a heavy pan, add chicken in single layer.
- Cook chicken turning often until browned all over.
- Remove chicken from dish, add bacon and onions, stir constantly over heat for about 3 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Place this mixture plus chicken into ovenproof dish with blended reserved flour and water, cover.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in sour cream and parsley just before serving.