1/3 Photos of Chicken and French Onion Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Tasty chicken casserole that is always well received, serve with rice or pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine chicken pieces with flour and dry soup mix in plastic bag, toss to coat chicken.
- 2(Reserve excess flour mixture).
- 3Heat butter and oil in a heavy pan, add chicken in single layer.
- 4Cook chicken turning often until browned all over.
- 5Remove chicken from dish, add bacon and onions, stir constantly over heat for about 3 minutes or until onions are soft.
- 6Place this mixture plus chicken into ovenproof dish with blended reserved flour and water, cover.
- 7Bake in moderate oven for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- 8Stir in sour cream and parsley just before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and French Onion Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1023.7
- Calories from Fat 660
- Total Fat 73.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 304.4 mg
- Sodium 1158.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 72.4 g