Recipe by Tomboy
Nice flavour! This recipe was on the back of a Continental Soup Mix Packet 15 years ago.
Top Review by JustJanS
We all really enjoyed this. I made it with turkey meat, and replaced half the water with wine. I had to add extra cream, as I found the original amount of liquid left it really thick at the end of cooking time (but I used an American envelope of Lipton's Onion soup I was sent).
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (30 g) packet French onion soup mix
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into serving size pieces.
- Combine flour and soup mix in a shallow dish.
- Toss chicken in the mix til well coated.
- Reserve the excess flour and soup mix.
- Heat oil in pan and brown the chicken.
- Place into a casserole dish.
- Add bacon and onion to the pan and cook till onion is soft.
- Place in casserole with chicken.
- Add reserved flour and soup mix and water to the casserole.
- Cover and cook 200 deg celsius for 3/4 hour.
- Stir in cream and parsley and serve.