These taste just like the one's your grandmother use to make. They are so thin and perfect. Unless you tell I promise nobody will ever know they are flour tortilla's. If you want to make for a really big crowd, follow the same instructions just use a 6 qt pot and an additional small pack of 8.5 oz shells. Also you can omit the chicken if you want and use canned chicken broth or bouillon cubes.
- Fill 4-quart pot half full with water.
- Boil chicken until tender.
- While chicken is cooking, slice tortillas with a sharp knife 5 slices across and one slice through the middle.
- Remove cooked chicken and shred with a fork or cut into cubes.
- Place chicken, cream of chicken soup, butter, salt and pepper into boiling chicken broth.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Drop individual tortillas into pot one piece at a time.
- Do not stir, you can pat the top of the dumplings and move them around slightly with a wooden spoon.
- Boil medium/high heat for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1 cup of milk and move the dumplings around gently to mix the milk.