1/7 Photos of Chicken and Flour Tortilla Dumplings
Parkers Mom's Note:
These taste just like the one's your grandmother use to make. They are so thin and perfect. Unless you tell I promise nobody will ever know they are flour tortilla's. If you want to make for a really big crowd, follow the same instructions just use a 6 qt pot and an additional small pack of 8.5 oz shells. Also you can omit the chicken if you want and use canned chicken broth or bouillon cubes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill 4-quart pot half full with water.
- 2Boil chicken until tender.
- 3While chicken is cooking, slice tortillas with a sharp knife 5 slices across and one slice through the middle.
- 4Remove cooked chicken and shred with a fork or cut into cubes.
- 5Place chicken, cream of chicken soup, butter, salt and pepper into boiling chicken broth.
- 6Bring to a rolling boil.
- 7Drop individual tortillas into pot one piece at a time.
- 8Do not stir, you can pat the top of the dumplings and move them around slightly with a wooden spoon.
- 9Boil medium/high heat for 12 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Add 1 cup of milk and move the dumplings around gently to mix the milk.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Flour Tortilla Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.4
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 670.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 10.9 g