Recipe by Juenessa
This recipe won the Grand Prize 2006 Cook Like a Califorinian Chicken Recipe Contest, from the California Poultry Federation. Credit goes to Jan Roberts in San Pedro, CA.
- 10 -12 chicken tenders
- olive oil, as needed
- 2 chipotle peppers or 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 8 -10 dried figs, diced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 8 large flour tortillas (8-10)
- avocado, for garnish
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- sour cream, for dipping sauce
- ranch dressing, for dipping sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken tenders and sauté until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from pan and thinly slice.
- In medium bowl, combine sliced chicken, chiles, figs and walnuts.
- To assemble and cook one quesadilla, spray non-stick spray in a medium-heat 10-inch or larger skillet.
- Lay flour tortilla in pan and spread on one half of the tortilla one quarter cup cheese.
- Top with chicken mixture; fold tortilla in half.
- Cook until tortilla is browned on bottom. With large spatula, gently flip and brown remaining side until cheese is melted. Repeat process 7 more times with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces. Arrange on platter.
- Garnish with avocado slices and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream and ranch dressing.