heather in Ont,'s Note:
These can be served cut up as an appetizer or whole as a light lunch. They can be cooked on a grill or under a broiler, and I have given instructions for both methods. This is from the complete Canadian Living Baking Book sponsored by Tabi Classic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil over medium-high heat; sauté chicken for 5 minutes.
- 2Add onion and sun-dried tomatoes; sauté until onions are softened and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- 3Rinse spinach. Wipe skillet clean. With drops of water still clinging to leaves, cook spinach over medium heat, stirring, just until wilted, about 1 minute. Set a side.
- 4Lightly brush 1 side of each pita with remaining olive oil. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; grill until crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet, grilled side down.
- 5Top each pita with spinach, then chicken mixture; sprinkle with feta cheese.
- 6Place baking sheet on grill; close lid and cook until piping hot and cheese is melted about 5 minutes.
- 7Broiler Method:.
- 8To cook under broiler, place oiled pitas on baking sheet; broil until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Turn pitas over.
- 9Top with spinach, then chicken mixture; sprinkle with feta cheese.
- 10Broil until piping hot and cheese is melted about 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Feta Pita Pizzas
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 527.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 15.7 g