Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These can be served cut up as an appetizer or whole as a light lunch. They can be cooked on a grill or under a broiler, and I have given instructions for both methods. This is from the complete Canadian Living Baking Book sponsored by Tabi Classic.
- In skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil over medium-high heat; sauté chicken for 5 minutes.
- Add onion and sun-dried tomatoes; sauté until onions are softened and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Rinse spinach. Wipe skillet clean. With drops of water still clinging to leaves, cook spinach over medium heat, stirring, just until wilted, about 1 minute. Set a side.
- Lightly brush 1 side of each pita with remaining olive oil. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; grill until crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet, grilled side down.
- Top each pita with spinach, then chicken mixture; sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Place baking sheet on grill; close lid and cook until piping hot and cheese is melted about 5 minutes.
- Broiler Method:.
- To cook under broiler, place oiled pitas on baking sheet; broil until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Turn pitas over.
- Top with spinach, then chicken mixture; sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Broil until piping hot and cheese is melted about 4 minutes.