Recipe by Scott Hannigan
This is Jewish French/Moroccan recipe. Simple to make and unbelievably delicious!
Top Review by Olivegirl
Wonderfully easy recipe. I did not have turmeric so I substituted dry mustard instead and used three large chicken breasts. I did not have to cook them as long as it said and next time I make this I will give it less time. It tasted wonderful.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the turmeric, pepper and salt into the olive oil. Brush about half of this mixture over the chicken fillets.
- Saute chicken gently for about 30 minutes Do not cover - turn the fillets occasionally.
- Trim and clean the fennel bulbs. Cut into 4 pieces each.
- Arrange fennel pieces in the pan with the chicken. Add about one third of the water. Brush with the remaining oil mixture.
- Cover the pan and stew slowly for about an hour or until the fennel is soft. During this time add more water only if necessary. The covered pan should generate enough of its own moisture.