Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is Jewish French/Moroccan recipe. Simple to make and unbelievably delicious!
Make and share this Chicken and Fennel recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the turmeric, pepper and salt into the olive oil. Brush about half of this mixture over the chicken fillets.
- Saute chicken gently for about 30 minutes Do not cover - turn the fillets occasionally.
- Trim and clean the fennel bulbs. Cut into 4 pieces each.
- Arrange fennel pieces in the pan with the chicken. Add about one third of the water. Brush with the remaining oil mixture.
- Cover the pan and stew slowly for about an hour or until the fennel is soft. During this time add more water only if necessary. The covered pan should generate enough of its own moisture.
Wonderfully easy recipe. I did not have turmeric so I substituted dry mustard instead and used three large chicken breasts. I did not have to cook them as long as it said and next time I make this I will give it less time. It tasted wonderful.
This was very good! I basically made it as written but used chicken breast tenders instead of thighs and it was flavorful and easy. What more could you want?! Thanks for the great recipe Scott!
Excellent recipe. This is my first taste of fennel and I was nervous about preparing it. I found this recipe and gave it a try. I used 3 large, boneless breasts as opposed to thighs, so the cooking time was decreased. I didn't have white pepper so used black and I was worried it would be too peppery, but it was perfect. Chicken was very tender with a hint of sweet flavor from the fennel. My kids noticed the different taste and still ate all they were served, so they approve. Very good dish and a success for my first venture with fennel. Thanks for a keeper.