Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light. Makes a great light dinner or packed lunch. I used grilled chicken and grape tomatoes. Magazine suggests serving with strawberries (4 c strawberries plus 2 t sugar, let stand 30 minutes) plus balsamic vinegar (add 2 T then let stand 15 minutes) over angel food cake for dessert.
- 2 cups uncooked farfalle pasta (bowtie pasta)
- 2 cups cubed cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, packed
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 curly leaf lettuce leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, tomatoes, and olives.
- To prepare pesto, combine basil and next 6 ingredients in food processor. Pulse until finely minced. Add pesto to pasta mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve over lettuce leaves.