Recipe by wildheart
This delicious spicy chicken and eggplant will make you forget you ever learned about frying. You use your finger to apply the mayo so you get it nice and thin, to keep the fat content low and taste high.
Top Review by riffraff
Let me begin by saying I DID NOT STICK MY FINGER IN THE MAYO. I removed aprox. 2 tablespoons of mayo from the jar and spread it on the chicken and followed the recipe as far as covering with the cheese/crumb mixture. I got more mayo out and used a fresh spatula to spread the mayo on the eggplant to avoid cross contamination. The cooking time for the chicken is about 15 to 30 minutes too long. In my opinion cooking a boneless skinless breast (you do not specify) for that long renders it dry so I cooked mine for about 20 minutes and then added the eggplant and cooked for about 20 more minutes. Great crispy crust and loved the flavor. I did not have the flax seed so I also left it out.
- 2 -3 chicken breasts
- 1 large eggplant
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cajun spices
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn oven on to 425°F.
- Rinse chicken breasts; pat dry.
- Mix bread crumbs, flax seed, parmesan, and spice in a medium or large bowl. (For spice use Cajun spice, Mexican spice, etc; your favorite.).
- Use Pam and spray an oven pan big enough to fit chicken.
- Stick your forefinger in the mayo, and wipe it on the skinless side of the chicken breast.
- Place chicken in the bowl on top of crumb mix.
- Dip forefinger in mayo again and wipe on chicken skin.
- Turn chicken over and ensure it is coated well with crumbs.
- Move chicken to Pam'd pan.
- Continue until chicken is done and place in oven for 1 hour, turning at 30 minute point. When you turn it, turn oven down to 350°F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with Pam.
- Peel eggplant; slice thinly.
- If desired, salt and weight eggplant for a few minutes. If you do, rinse it once it weeps.
- Pat eggplant dry, coat one side with your finger dipped in mayo, and continue until until all the eggplant is coated and on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes until hot and crispy.