1 hr 15 mins
This delicious spicy chicken and eggplant will make you forget you ever learned about frying. You use your finger to apply the mayo so you get it nice and thin, to keep the fat content low and taste high.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn oven on to 425°F.
- 2Rinse chicken breasts; pat dry.
- 3Mix bread crumbs, flax seed, parmesan, and spice in a medium or large bowl. (For spice use Cajun spice, Mexican spice, etc; your favorite.).
- 4Use Pam and spray an oven pan big enough to fit chicken.
- 5Stick your forefinger in the mayo, and wipe it on the skinless side of the chicken breast.
- 6Place chicken in the bowl on top of crumb mix.
- 7Dip forefinger in mayo again and wipe on chicken skin.
- 8Turn chicken over and ensure it is coated well with crumbs.
- 9Move chicken to Pam'd pan.
- 10Continue until chicken is done and place in oven for 1 hour, turning at 30 minute point. When you turn it, turn oven down to 350°F.
- 11Spray a cookie sheet with Pam.
- 12Peel eggplant; slice thinly.
- 13If desired, salt and weight eggplant for a few minutes. If you do, rinse it once it weeps.
- 14Pat eggplant dry, coat one side with your finger dipped in mayo, and continue until until all the eggplant is coated and on a baking sheet.
- 15Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes until hot and crispy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Eggplant (Aubergine), Pseudo-Fried
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.3
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 598.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: