Recipe by Cocoa
A favorite Japanese dish! Yummy with some green tea and pickled red ginger on the side.
- 4 chicken breasts (tenderloins work well too)
- 1 1⁄4 cups dashi or 1 1⁄4 cups chicken bouillon
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons mirin, sake or 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 scallions
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into thin strips or cubes.
- Bring the stock to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce, mirin, and sugar.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Add the chicken, reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in scallions and simmer 1 minute.
- Lightly stir the eggs in a bowl and add eggs to the pan.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Carefully stir once.
- Spoon hot rice into individual bowls, serve domburi on top of the rice.
- Serve immediately.