Chicken and Dumplings With Vegetables
- Melt butter in a 4 quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, onions, celery and garlic and saute for 12-15 minutes until all the pink is gone in the chicken pieces.
- Add the mixed vegetables, broth, parsley and poultry seasoning; mix well bringing to a boil.
- In a small bowl combine the milk and flour blending until smooth; add to the chicken mixture, cooking and stirring until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cut the biscuits in half and arrange on top of the chicken mixture in a spiral formation- starting at the center.
- Cover tightly and cook 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are fluffy and no longer doughy.