Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great all-in-one dish and so yummy and comforting on a cool day. It can be served with a salad.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Melt butter in a 4 quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, onions, celery and garlic and saute for 12-15 minutes until all the pink is gone in the chicken pieces.
- Add the mixed vegetables, broth, parsley and poultry seasoning; mix well bringing to a boil.
- In a small bowl combine the milk and flour blending until smooth; add to the chicken mixture, cooking and stirring until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cut the biscuits in half and arrange on top of the chicken mixture in a spiral formation- starting at the center.
- Cover tightly and cook 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are fluffy and no longer doughy.
True Comfort Food here!!! This was a very tasty easy meal to prepare. I did add salt and pepper at the end. Thanks for a great recipe Trisha W