Recipe by Kaitlin Cav
This winter-warming dish is quick, easy and a delicious home-cooked meal for any day of the week.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cansswanson premium white chicken meat (drained)
- 1⁄2 baby carrots, cut in half, bag (or more if desired)
- 1⁄2 frozen baby peas, bag
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
moms southern buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (rounded)
- sift together flour, salt and baking powder
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and pepper into large pot. Whisk until blended, then add drained Swanson chicken and carrots. Bring to a boil and simmer until carrots are tender (about 30-40 minutes).
- Blend in shortening with fork until crumbly.
- Mix baking soda into buttermilk.
- Mix buttermilk mixture into flour mixture and blend until all ingredients are moist.
- Set dough aside and add the frozen peas to the stew. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add whipping cream to chicken stew and stir while bringing to boil.
- After stew has reached a boil, drop spoonfuls of biscuit dough into stew.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes. Gently flip dumplings over and cook for another 5 -7 minutes or so. Serve and prepare to say “yum”!