Kaitlin Cav's Note:
This winter-warming dish is quick, easy and a delicious home-cooked meal for any day of the week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans swanson premium white chicken meat (drained)
- 1/2 baby carrots, cut in half, bag (or more if desired)
- 1/2 frozen baby peas, bag
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
moms southern buttermilk biscuits
- 1Pour chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and pepper into large pot. Whisk until blended, then add drained Swanson chicken and carrots. Bring to a boil and simmer until carrots are tender (about 30-40 minutes).
- 2Blend in shortening with fork until crumbly.
- 3Mix baking soda into buttermilk.
- 4Mix buttermilk mixture into flour mixture and blend until all ingredients are moist.
- 5Set dough aside and add the frozen peas to the stew. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add whipping cream to chicken stew and stir while bringing to boil.
- 6After stew has reached a boil, drop spoonfuls of biscuit dough into stew.
- 7Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes. Gently flip dumplings over and cook for another 5 -7 minutes or so. Serve and prepare to say “yum”!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Dumplings With Southern Buttermilk Biscuit Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.8
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.7 mg
- Sodium 1797.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 55.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
frozen baby peas