Recipe by 2Bleu
Simple and easy
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I cut this recipe in half & the only thing I changed was to leave the potatoes unpeeled as we like 'em that way! Diced them small, though, so there were no large pieces of the peel! Loved the dumplings & the chicken as they made for such a comforting, satisfying meal, & the flavor of the bacon made it especially so! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside; reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add potatoes, onion and chicken to bacon drippings and saute’ for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in chicken broth; season with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir in corn and simmer all together for 15 minutes.
- Pour in half-and-half and bring to a boil; add crumbled bacon.
- In a medium bowl, combine biscuit mix with milk and mix well (dough should be thick). Drop tablespoon sizes of dough into boiling mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes uncovered. Carefully turn dumplings and cook another 10 minutes covered.