Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious soup...one of my favorites! My mom used to make it for me when I was growing up, and now it's one of my boyfriend's favorite dishes since I made it for him. It's sure to please!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (cubed)
- 8 cups water
- 8 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cub butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine the 8 cups of water and 8 bouillon cubes in a large pot and heat on high until boiling.
- Once the broth is boiling, add the chicken.
- While the soup is cooking, combine dumpling ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Roll dough into a ball.
- Sprinkle your counter top/surface with flour.
- Place the ball of dough on the floured surface.
- Flatten the dough ball into a flat sheet about 3 mm thick.
- Slice the dough into 1 inch strips.
- Tear/cut each strip into bite-sized pieces.
- Put the pieces of dough into the soup.
- Once all of the dough is in the pot, reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 15 more minutes.