Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is absolutely the best chicken and dumplings recipe!
Make and share this Chicken and Dumplings, Oven Baked recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Steam vegetables until just tender. Set aside.
- My favorite vegetable combinations are broccoli, cauliflower and carrots or potatoes, corn, and carrots.
- Melt butter in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for approximately 8 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add broth and milk. Stir until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. It will become a nice creamy sauce!
- Stir in vegetables and shredded chicken.
- Pour filling into a 9 inch square casserole pan.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening with pastry knife until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Lightly mix in milk until forms a soft dough.
- Drop by tablespoons onto filling.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.