Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is a great use of leftover rotisserie chicken.
Make and share this Chicken and Dumplings - Non-Dairy recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups cooked chicken (rotisserie is best)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 32 ounces chicken broth (one carton, I use low sodium)
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk (optional)
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- Over medium low heat, melt margarine in the pan, and slowly add flour, creating a rouÈ.
- After the flour and margarine are combined and starting to turn golden, slowly add 2 cups of the chicken broth, and stir to combine as you pour.
- The sauce should be fairly thick at this point.
- Add the frozen vegetables and the chicken. Add more broth if needed. Bring to a simmer.
- Add 1/2 cup soy milk if desired.
- Season with Chicken seasoning, Montreal Steak seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the dumplings. Combine 2 cups of Bisquick with 3/4 cups of soymilk and paprika until mixed. Do not overmix.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dumpling mix into the simmering pot. Do not let the dumplings touch. You'll probably wind up with extra dumpling mix, depending on how much chicken broth you used. The dumplings will expand, so don't pack the pot too tight!
- Add chicken broth at this point to ensure that the dumplings are submerged.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes on low heat (simmer).
Yum! My non-dairy family loved it. I used the dumpling recipe on my self-rising flour and it worked well.